Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Medical Saga

Life has taken a turn.  To be truthful at our age, it is expected.  I'm thinking if I write about it, it is on black and blue then I can leave it here and move on to other thoughts.  Hopefully this is true.  The challenge of caring for someone with a chronic health condition is that it can  take your mental, emotional and physical energy.  This is the reason for the long delay in blogging.

Some days I feel so blessed and thankful for modern medicine, for the prayers and concerns of others.  I love that others sacrificed to bring us joy.  God has given us what we need, and more.

Yet, that sinful nature raises it's ugly head and I am filled with discontent.  I compare my life to others and ask why?  Well why not?  Who am I to not have difficulty and how are my troubles compared to others?  I live in the land of the free, have a home and three meals a day.  We can afford our life style and have the love of family and friends.  I am ashamed.  I believe for all that Tom is going through, I am being taught to be faithful, patient, kind, loving and thankful.   The lessons can be hard to learn unless I submit and repent.

Without revealing too much, my husband has a chronic condition that requires daily treatment.  It leaves him tired.  In addition, he has had two joint replacements within four months of each other and has just been released to continue physical therapy again.  We are hopeful that within the next month, he will regain strength and the ability to ambulate without assistance.  Tom has been long suffering, considering all he is dealing with, he rarely complains.

Well, that's all I'm going to say.  Now, it is time to think about joyful things and share our joy with those who read this.  Since I haven't written here for some time, maybe this is more like my private diary.   They say nothing is private on the internet so, maybe not.

No comments: