Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dream Summer

This has been a dream summer. It has been 35 years since I have had a summer off from work. It has been the summer I dreamed of. Most days I enjoy a cup of coffee on the front porch, spend time with Jesus and work in the yard. Since it has been a pretty hot summer I even come in for an occasional nap. It's my time to enjoy the small pleasures in life.
Like:

Visiting relatives in Alpena, this is Conley meeting her cousin Jillian who flew in with her mother from the state of Washington.

Having Jack and his little sister, Natalie come for a visit with their mom and dad.

Enjoying corn on the cob, fresh blueberries and blowing bubbles.



I have noticed that the flower garden is a lot more work than in that dream and these hot summer days have been brutal. Yet, I do enjoy the blooms of those drought tolerant holly hocks.

Oh, my lazy, hazy days of summer have been an enjoyable dream come true.

2 comments:

Em said...

Enjoying with you your "Dream Summer" as I read the blog and see the sweet pictures of a sweet little girl and the beautiful, delicate, but sturdy Holly Hock!

Angie said...

I can only imagine how free you must feel after working so long. Glad you are able to enjoy the summer and do the things you want to do!